Vatican After Hours Private Tour
Skip the daytime crowds and visit all the highlights of the Vatican, from the Raphael Rooms to the Sistine Chapel on this Vatican after hours private tour. All with the personalized attention from your own dedicated guide and skip the line access. This exclusive Vatican at night experience is only available from April to October on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- First Timers
- Art & History Lovers
Vatican After Hours Private Tour
What to Expect
With 20,000 items on display and an array of masterpiece-packed hallways and galleries, the Vatican Museums host the the most extensive collection of art in the entire world. Corners of the Vatican such as the Pio-Clementino courtyard with the famous antique marble statues of the “Laocoon” and “Apollo Belvedere,” as well as the galleries of the Candelabra, Tapestries, the Sistine Chapel and much more will be revealed by your expert guide in this Vatican after hours private tour.
Visiting the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel in the quiet evening hours is an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Treat yourself to a very special Vatican after hours private tour when the Museums and Sistine Chapel are much less crowded with an an art historian who emphasizes your interests, curiosity, and passions.
Without the crowds and noise of regular hours, you will contemplate inspirational and artistic treasures such as the Round Room, the Gallery of the Candelabras, the Gallery of the Tapestries, the Gallery of the Geographical Maps, the Raphael Rooms and the Sistine Chapel. St. Peter’s Basilica is closed at the time of this tour and therefore not included on this Vatican after hours private tour.
Get the most from your Vatican visit when you enter after regular closing time on this 2-hour private tour with our art historian guide and carefully planned route. Enjoy the enchanted evening as your guide brings the Vatican’s masterpieces to life. Stroll through the corridors and courtyards of the Museums at its most atmospheric twilight’s hours while hearing tales of art and intrigue with a cast that includes Michelangelo, Julius II, Donato Bramante, and Raphael.
Dive into one of the world most extensive collections of marble statuary, ancient sculptures, tapestries, and paintings. Tonight we take you on a unique journey through time with one of our passionate guides focused just on you. See masterpieces up close and spot the little details with your own guide on hand answering all your questions.
With skip the line access, make your way through lavishly decorated galleries testament to the incredible wealth of the papal patronage. Marvel at the Papal Apartments, a suite of four rooms famous for the frescoes painted by Raphael. Gaze in awe at the wondrous Sistine Chapel frescoes, Michelangelo’s masterpiece. Whether you want an engaging learning experience on art or you just want to spend an awe-inspiring night out in Rome, this Vatican after hours private tour will definitely be a hit!
Where does the Vatican After Hours Private Tour start? Where does it end?
You will meet your guide directly at the Vatican – at an easy to find point near the entrance to the Museums. Your confirmation email – which you will receive when you book your tour – will have the exact meeting point details. The private walk concludes by the Vatican Museums entrance.
- Vatican Museums
- Gallery of the Candelabras
- Gallery of the Geographical Maps
- Gallery of the Tapestries
- Raphael Rooms
- Sistine Chapel
What Is Included
- Private licensed professional local guide
- Tickets & reservation fees for skip the line access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel with pre-reserved entry time
What Is Not Included
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- If your group numbers more than 6, the Vatican requires that you rent earphones at the door for 3 Euro/person, paid directly on site (earphones prices may vary slightly without notice)
- Meals & Drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Anything not expressly mentioned as included
- This private tour is available on request on Friday and Saturday evenings from Friday, April 22, 2022 to Saturday, Oct 29, 2022.
- For safety reasons, all visitors must pass through metal detectors and there is sometimes a line for this.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Rules – Traveler Requirements starting from August 6, 2021 until further notice:
All participants who are over 6 years old are required to bring and wear a facemask.
In accordance with government guidelines, during the service all participants must maintain a safety distance of 1 meter from other people.
All participants who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days before the activity starts, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts.
All participants who are over 12 years old must bring and present a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc.) matching the vaccination or test results.
Those who will not present the required documents will not be entitled to any credit or refund. For more information about how the rules may apply to you, read here or consult the Italian embassy in your country.
Good to Know
- All members of your party must present at the Vatican Museums a valid proof of identification prior to entrance (copies of passports or ID on your phone will be fine).
- The Vatican has a strict dress code. Men and women must have their shoulders and knees covered at all times. Access to the Museums will be granted only to appropriately dressed visitors (sleeveless and low-cut garments, shorts, mini-skirts and hats are not permitted).
- You may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican (smaller than 40cm length x 35cm width x 15cm depth). Anything bigger than this, or any umbrellas or camera tripods, must be checked into the Vatican Museums cloakroom at the beginning of the tour. Thus, we recommend traveling light and leave any unnecessary belongings at home.
- The Vatican Museum reserve the right to deny entrance to any individual not adhering to their entrance rules and restrictions including, but not limited to, providing proper identification and conformance to its dress code.
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with impaired mobility.
How to Book Your Private Tour
- Send Us Your Inquiry
Fill out the tour inquiry form and we will respond with availability and price quote.
- Payment Policy
The tour will only be reserved upon full payment in advance of the tour. We use industry leader Stripe for all card transactions.
- Tour Voucher
Within two business days of payment, we will email you a voucher with all the booking details including the meeting point and phone number. Such email constitutes your proof of purchase.
Does this Vatican after hours private tour include St. Peter's Basilica?
What is the benefit of your Vatican After Hours Private Tour?
Would you like to personalize this tour?
Other Tours in Rome & Vatican
Vatican After Hours Private Tour
As ever, we put health and safety first. Since the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, all of our tours comply with the necessary safety and security regulations as per local guidelines. As long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, here what you can expect during your tour:
Social Distancing – Appropriate distance between guide and clients during the tour in accordance with government guidelines.
Guest Guidelines – Clients are expected to bring their own facemask and are required to wear them for the duration of the tour.
Temperature checks will also take place at tour venues; if your temperature is above 37.5°C (99.5° F) you will not be able to attend the tour.