Vatican for Kids Private Tour
Get your kids interested in art on a private tour of the Vatican designed to inspire and delight children of all ages. Visit the highlights of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica with a knowledgeable and friendly guide who will keep the whole family engaged. Perfect for art-loving parents who want to share their passion with their kids. This is a fantastic way to get the most out of a visit to the Vatican with children and teens.
- First Timers
- Families with Kids
Vatican for Kids Private Tour
What to Expect
Whether your family is religious or not, you will surely want your kids to experience the art and history of the Vatican City. But let's make it fun, too! Expose your family to the the highlights of one of the world’s great art museums on a tour designed for children of all ages and conducted just for you. In addition to the undivided attention of an expert guide at your side, this Vatican for kids private tour comes with a carefully planned route and skip the line entry at both the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica.
This paramount religious complex and artistic masterpiece is enormous! The Basilica itself is a treasure trove as big as two football fields. And the Sistine Chapel, home of the most famous frescoes in the world, is at the far end of the Vatican Museums. Tackling a site of this size with kids requires careful planning. Do not be overwhelmed by the extraordinary vastness of the Vatican’s treasures instead prepared to be wowed!
We have carefully chosen the parts of the museum that your kids are going to like best, weaving a rich narrative that covers not only the Vatican’s timeless masterpieces, but also the history of the Papacy itself. Thanks to this handpicked itinerary focused on making sure your kids get the most out of their experience and special attention from your guide, this fun and informative Vatican for kids private tour is sure to be a hit with the whole family
Travel back to the Italian Renaissance, the Egyptian, the Greek and Roman times. After a general introduction to the history of the Vatican, your guide will lead you through the centuries keeping the kids amused and engaged with inquisitive questions to bring the artwork to life. This personalized exploration of the Vatican highlights artifacts that kids will appreciate such as classical sculptures and Egyptian mummies.
Discover cool Renaissance-era maps and drama-filled tapestries “saving the best for the last”. The Sistine Chapel is the last room you get to visit while on your Vatican Museums tour. And it’s worth the wait. Here every inch inspires awe. Gaze in amazement at Michelangelo’s ceiling and understand the Creation of the World.
With skip the line access directly from the Sistine Chapel gain immediate entry to St. Peter’s Basilica where your guide will show you more treasures, like Bernini’s bronze Baldachin and Michelangelo's 'Pietà' inside the world’s biggest ancient cathedral. By the end of the tour, thanks to this carefully crafted itinerary and special attention from your own dedicated guide, the whole family will have developed a deeper appreciation for the art and stories of the Vatican City.
Where does the Vatican for Kids Private Tour start? Where does it end?
You will meet your guide directly at the Vatican - at an easy to find point near the entrance to the Museums. Your confirmation email – which you will receive when you book your tour – will have the exact meeting point details. The private walk concludes in St. Peter’s Square.
Looking for an adult approach to seeing the Vatican? See our Private Tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St. Peter’s Basilica
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Belvedere Apollo
- Belvedere Torso
- Egyptian Museum
- Greek Cross Hall
- Gallery of Candelabra
- Gallery of Tapestries
- Gallery of Maps
- Sistine Chapel
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Michelangelo’s Pietà
- Bernini’s Baldachin
What Is Included
- Private licensed professional local guide
- Tickets & reservation fees for skip the line access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel with pre-reserved entry time
- Headsets – compulsory at the Vatican for groups of 6 people or more (guide included)
- St. Peter's Basilica fast track entrance tickets
What Is Not Included
- Food & drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Anything not expressly mentioned as included
- This private tour is available on request from Monday to Saturday.
- Vatican Museums Closing Days in 2022: 11 February, 19 March, 18 April, 29 June, 15 August, 1 November, 8 and 26 December.
- St. Peter’s Basilica is an active church and can be subject to unscheduled last minute closures due to liturgical celebrations or unforeseen circumstances. If this occurs during your visit, you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Museums.
- For safety reasons, all visitors must pass through metal detectors and there is sometimes a line for this.
- On Wednesday mornings, except late July and August, the Pope holds an audience during which access to St. Peter Basilica could be closed. To avoid problems in entering the Basilica on that day please consider booking an afternoon tour.
Good to Know
- All members of your party must present at the Vatican Museums a valid proof of identification prior to entrance (copies of passports or ID on your phone will be fine).
- The Vatican has a strict dress code. Men and women must have their shoulders and knees covered at all times. Access to the Museums will be granted only to appropriately dressed visitors (sleeveless and low-cut garments, shorts, mini-skirts and hats are not permitted).
- You may only carry small handbags inside the Vatican (smaller than 40cm length x 35cm width x 15cm depth). Anything bigger than this, or any umbrellas or camera tripods, must be checked into the Vatican Museums cloakroom at the beginning of the tour. The cloakroom storage is free of charge, but please be aware that it is located approximately 20 minutes walking distance from the conclusion point of the tour. And because the cloakroom closes at 4pm, those doing the afternoon tour may not be able to retrieve their belongings until the following day. Thus, we recommend traveling light and leave any unnecessary belongings at the hotel.
- The Vatican Museum reserve the right to deny entrance to any individual not adhering to their entrance rules and restrictions including, but not limited to, providing proper identification and conformance to its dress code.
How to Book Your Private Tour
- Send Us Your Inquiry
Fill out the tour inquiry form and we will respond with availability and price quote.
- Payment Policy
Full payment by credit card is required to make a reservation. We use industry leader Stripe for all card transactions.
- Tour Voucher
Within two business days of payment, we will email you a voucher with all the booking details. Such email constitutes your proof of purchase.
What is the best time of the day to visit the Vatican with kids?
Can we stay in the Basilica after the tour?
Can I visit the Sistine Chapel only?
When the tour is over can we climb the Dome?
Do you do tours of the Necropolis under the Vatican?
Are strollers allowed in the Vatican?
Would you like to personalize this tour?
Other Tours in Rome & Vatican
Vatican for Kids Private Tour
Last update: February 8, 2023
As ever, we put health and safety first. Since the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, all of our tours comply with the necessary safety and security regulations as per local guidelines. For more information, including specifics associated with requirements and restrictions associated with travel to and within Italy, read the following Covid-19 updates or consult the Italian embassy in your country.