Venice Street Food Tour
Discover the best foodie hotspots as well as a few hidden gems on this private Venice street food tour. Explore the historic and colorful Rialto market, a few hidden gems, and traditional taverns where only locals go. Have fun and taste the foods that define Venice today while learning culinary traditions from your licensed Venetian guide.
- Families with Kids
Venice Street Food Tour
What to Expect
This Venice street food tour combines historical facts, delicious street food, and vibrant markets into one fun learning experience. Immerse yourself in the sights and delights of Venice like a true insider. On this private-guide led exploration of the city’s bustling markets and its famous taverns you will delve into the authentic side of Venetian culture sampling a delectable selection of cicchetti along the way.
Uncover the real Venice through its food culture. Your born and bred guide introduces you to local specialties sharing tons of information and entertaining stories. Not only will you see Venetian’s famous canals, squares, and landmarks, but you will also interact with the locals and discover the best foodie hotspots to savor the most authentic and traditional bites.
Experience the real soul of Venice at the historic Rialto market, where you can find delicious food specialties in a wonderful location on the Grand Canal. This centuries-old market is where Venetians have shopped for nearly 1,000 years and today this where restaurant chefs shop. The stalls here offer a fantastic taste of the city selling a wide variety of spices, fruit, vegetables, and fish of all types and stripes.
After exploring the market, you will stop at two selected taverns for sampling cicchetti, Venetian tapas, and an ombra, a small glass of regional wine. Here, you will will breathe an authentic experience and learn why cicchetti have become local specialties. You’ll leave with an understanding of Venice’s lively food scene, having tasted the dishes that form part of the city’s story today.
- Visit Rialto Market
- Explore 2 different taverns
- Sample 4 cicchetti (typical Venetian finger food) and 2 glasses of local wine (ombra)
What Is Included
- Private licensed professional local foodie guide
- Tastings in different taverns with 2 ciccheti (venetian tapas) and a glass of wine (ombra) per person per tavern.
What Is Not Included
- Cicchetti and drinks other than the tastings offered.
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Anything not expressly mentioned as included
- This private tour is available on request Monday through Saturday mornings. Please note that on Mondays the Rialto fish market is closed.
- From August 6th, 2021 until further notice, all public venues in Italy will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require to present valid ID matching the vaccination or test results. This does not apply to children under 12. You can read more about it here.
Good to Know Before You Go
- During the booking process, tell us if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies. Our team will work with you to ensure you get the most out of your experience.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with impaired mobility.
- Note to parents with young children: Venice is not a great city to get around with strollers as everything is cobblestone. Consider putting young children in a backpack carrier whenever possible.
How to Book Your Private Tour
- Send Us Your Inquiry
Fill out the tour inquiry form and we will respond with availability and price quote.
- Payment Policy
The tour will only be reserved upon full payment in advance of the tour. We use industry leader Stripe for all card transactions.
- Tour Voucher
Within two business days of payment, we will email you a voucher with all the booking details including the meeting point and phone number. Such email constitutes your proof of purchase.
What about the food?
Is this Venice street food tour appropriate for kids?
I have food allergies can you help?
I'll be going to Florence after my time in Venice. Do you have any food tours there?
Would you like to personalize this tour?
Other Tours in Venice
Venice Street Food Tour
As ever, we put health and safety first. Since the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, all of our tours comply with the necessary safety and security regulations as per local guidelines. As long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, here what you can expect during your tour:
Social Distancing – Appropriate distance between guide and clients during the tour in accordance with government guidelines.
Guest Guidelines – Clients are expected to bring their own facemask and are required to wear them for the duration of the tour.
Temperature checks will also take place at tour venues; if your temperature is above 37.5°C (99.5° F) you will not be able to attend the tour.