Venice in a Day Private Tour
Venice in a day is a private tour that wraps the city’s top attractions and hidden gems with the Island of Murano guided by a local expert. For an unparalleled total experience, you will also visit a Carnival mask workshop, sample cicchetti and sail to the island of Murano for a glassblowing demonstration. Top the day cruising the Grand Canal, the perfect ending to the perfect day!
- First Timers
- Families with Kids
Venice in a Day Private Tour
What to Expect
This Venice in a day private tour uncovers the beauty of Venice and Murano Island including the most interesting sites and experiences in just one day. Today we take you on a carefully sketched trip through the highlights and architectural gems hidden in this unique city. Sure, you will see the iconic sites but we will make you discover also the most authentic sides of Venice.
Walk the waterfront streets of Venice and discover the history and mysteries forever captured within St. Mark’s Square surrounded by the Basilica, the Doge’s Palace and the Bridge of Sighs. A short walk takes you to the lively neighborhood around the Rialto Bridge whose stunning views, outdoor market, and rows of shops have been captivating visitors for centuries.
Our mainland tour continues through the back streets of the Cannaregio district, Europe’s first Jewish Ghetto where the merchants had developed their trades. Here you will soak up an authentic atmosphere and visit an original Carnival masks atelier. You will also enjoy a typical Venetian light lunch with delicious cicchetti, traditional Venetian style canapés similar to Spanish tapas accompanied by the famous ombra (glass of local white wine).
Then board a private, luxury boat and take a relaxing ride over the Venetian lagoon to the captivating island of Murano. Your knowledgeable guide will continue to entertain you with stories of the sites you’ll be passing and before you know it you’ll be disembarking on the glass capital of Italy. Visit a selected glass factory and enjoy a live demonstration led by master craftspeople using age-old methods unchanged for centuries.
There is no better way than ending the day with a fascinating boat ride through the Grand Canal. Bask in its beauty while admiring the nobles’ palaces and beautiful bridges of the city from the water while your guide shares the side-stories behind them.
- St. Mark’s Square
- External visit of St. Mark’s Basilica, Doge’s Palace & Bridge of Sighs
- Rialto area and its iconic bridge
- Cannaregio district
- Carnival masks’ workshop visit
- Traditional Venetian light lunch
- Private luxury boat across to the island of Murano
- Glass factory visit with a Master glassblower demonstration
- Grand Canal by private boat
What Is Included
- Private licensed professional local guide
- Traditional Venetian lunch with 6 different cicchetti and 3 glasses of local wine per person
- Private luxury water taxi to Murano Island & Grand Canal tour
- Murano glassmaking demonstration
What Is Not Included
- Interior visits to St. Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace and the Bridge of Sighs
- Transportation during the mainland tour portion
- Gratuities (optional)
- Anything not expressly mentioned as included
- This private tour is available on request any day except Christmas Day New Year’s Day, and Labour Day.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Rules – Traveler Requirements starting from August 6, 2021 until further notice:
All participants who are over 6 years old are required to bring and wear a facemask.
In accordance with government guidelines, during the service all participants must maintain a safety distance of 1 meter from other people.
All participants who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days before the activity starts, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts.
All participants who are over 12 years old must bring and present a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc.) matching the vaccination or test results.
Those who will not present the required documents will not be entitled to any credit or refund. For more information about how the rules may apply to you, read here or consult the Italian embassy in your country.
Good to Know
- Each water taxi can accommodate up to a maximum of 10 people (guide and captain included) so with bookings of more than 8 people, your party will be divided into two or more boats.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Note to parents with young children: Venice is not a great city to get around with strollers as everything is cobblestone. Consider putting young children in a backpack carrier whenever possible.
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with impaired mobility.
How to Book Your Private Tour
- Send Us Your Inquiry
Fill out the tour inquiry form and we will respond with availability and price quote.
- Payment Policy
The tour will only be reserved upon full payment in advance of the tour. We use industry leader Stripe for all card transactions.
- Tour Voucher
Within two business days of payment, we will email you a voucher with all the booking details including the meeting point and phone number. Such email constitutes your proof of purchase.
Is this Venice in a day private tour good for kids and teens?
I have dietary restrictions. Can I take this tour?
Would you like to personalize this tour?
Other Tours in Venice
Venice in a Day Private Tour
As ever, we put health and safety first. Since the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, all of our tours comply with the necessary safety and security regulations as per local guidelines. As long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, here what you can expect during your tour:
Social Distancing – Appropriate distance between guide and clients during the tour in accordance with government guidelines.
Guest Guidelines – Clients are expected to bring their own facemask and are required to wear them for the duration of the tour.
Temperature checks will also take place at tour venues; if your temperature is above 37.5°C (99.5° F) you will not be able to attend the tour.