Florence Uffizi Private Tour
Live an immersive experience in the world of art with this 2-hour Uffizi private tour in Florence. Through the explanations of our art historian guide, among the other wonderful masterpieces, you will be able to admire famous works by Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Giotto. With skip the line access and the undivided attention of your guide you will learn about the masters who made Florence great in the Renaissance.
- First Timers
- Art & History Lovers
Florence Uffizi Private Tour
What to Expect
Even compared to the Academia Gallery, this historic art gallery boasts a huge vault of acclaimed western art. The collection of Renaissance artwork is practically unparalleled and easily namedrops famous Italian masters like Leonardo, Giotto, Botticelli, Michelangelo and Caravaggio. Because the museum is so rich, this Uffizi private tour is a wonderful way to maximize the time you spend in these sometimes-overwhelming artistic treasure troves.
Following a crafted route, our Uffizi private tour focuses on selected masterpieces guided by one of our experts who knows the collections in and out and can steer you around the crowds. You will explore the rich artistic layers of these world-famous works, as well as the complex interplay of culture, patronage, and artistic inspiration that gave rise to them. The goal of this Uffizi private tour is not to race through the corridors in an attempt to see “everything” but, instead, to observe select works in depth, in order to gain a full appreciation of their artistic and historical significance.
The Uffizi houses the largest collection of Italy’s artistic heritage consisting of thousands of works of art ranging from Greek and Roman sculptures to Renaissance and Baroque paintings. With 14 new rooms, 129 works of art newly on display, and 1.6 million visitors each year, you will spend your time wisely moving deftly through this art lover’s paradise. Skip the usually long lines and head straight into artistic enjoyment as your guide takes you on a timeless journey through the best of the Uffizi galleries.
View the core of the collection including treasures like Leonardo da Vinci’s “Annunciation”, Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus” and “Primavera” along with hand-selected lesser-known gems. As your guide winds you through the endless art-filled corridors, you’ll be entertained with stories about the interesting and sometimes odd artists behind every brush stroke and every tap of the chisel. Learn little known facts and insights about the famed artists and architects, and hear backstories about the wealthy patrons who contributed to Uffizi being one of the most popular museums in Italy.
Your journey through art ends with a bird’s eye view of the famous Piazza della Signoria from the Gallery rooftop terrace but you may stay in the museum for as long as you wish. It goes without saying that a visit to this Gallery is perfect for anyone who wants to see Italy’s rich cultural and artistic heritage come to life, right before their eyes. This Florence Uffizi private tour also offers an intriguing second glance for seasoned visitors, with an in-depth exploration of the themes that have made these works so enduring.
Where does the Florence Uffizi Private Tour start? Where does it end?
You will meet your guide directly at the museum – at an easy to find point near the entrance to the Uffizi Gallery. Your confirmation email – which you will receive when you book your tour – will have the exact meeting point details. The private walk ends inside the museum and you are free to keep exploring the collection on your own.
- The most important masterpieces by: Cimabue, Giotto, Filippo Lippi, and many more
- Botticelli’s: The Birth of Venus & The Primavera
- Leonardo da Vinci’s: Baptism of Chris & The Annunciation
- Michelangelo’s: Tondo Doni
- Raphael’s: Madonna of the Goldfinch, Portrait of Pope Leo X with Cardinals, Giulio de Medici & Luigi de’ Rossi
- Titian’s: Venus of Urbino
- Caravaggio’s: Sacrifice of Isaac, Gaze of the Medusa & Bacchus
- Fra Angelico’s: Coronation of the Virgin
What Is Included
- Private licensed professional local guide
- Tickets & reservation fees for skip the line access to the Uffizi Gallery with pre-reserved entry time
- Headsets – compulsory if your group numbers more than 6 (guide included)
What Is Not Included
- Food & drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Anything not expressly mentioned as included
- This private tour is available on request any day except Mondays, Christmas Day, January 1, and May 1.
- For safety reasons, all visitors must pass through metal detectors and there is sometimes a line for this.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Rules – Traveler Requirements starting from August 6, 2021 until further notice:
All participants who are over 6 years old are required to bring and wear a facemask.
In accordance with government guidelines, during the service all participants must maintain a safety distance of 1 meter from other people.
All participants who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days before the activity starts, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts.
All participants who are over 12 years old must bring and present a valid government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc.) matching the vaccination or test results.
Those who will not present the required documents will not be entitled to any credit or refund. For more information about how the rules may apply to you, read here.or consult the Italian embassy in your country.
Good to Know
- All members of your party must present at the Uffizi Gallery a valid proof of identification prior to entrance (copies of passports or ID on your phone will be fine).
- You may only carry small backpacks and regular-size handbags inside the Uffizi Gallery.
- Backpacks, bags, umbrellas and other large objects must be stored in the cloakroom prior to entry. Storage service is free.
- This Uffizi private tour is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with impaired mobility.
How to Book Your Private Tour
- Send Us Your Inquiry
Fill out the tour inquiry form and we will respond with availability and price quote.
- Payment Policy
Full payment by credit card is required to make a reservation. We use industry leader Stripe for all card transactions.
- Tour Voucher
Within two business days of payment, we will email you a voucher with all the booking details. Such email constitutes your proof of purchase.
Is this Uffizi private tour suitable for kids?
Do you have a private tour in Florence that includes both the Uffizi and the Academia?
Would you like to personalize this tour?
Other Tours in Florence & Tuscany
Florence Uffizi Private Tour
As ever, we put health and safety first. Since the first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, all of our tours comply with the necessary safety and security regulations as per local guidelines. As long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, here what you can expect during your tour:
Social Distancing – Appropriate distance between guide and clients during the tour in accordance with government guidelines.
Guest Guidelines – Clients are expected to bring their own facemask and are required to wear them for the duration of the tour.
Temperature checks will also take place at tour venues; if your temperature is above 37.5°C (99.5° F) you will not be able to attend the tour.